Peter Baumann was born on Jan. 29th 1953 in Berlin, Germany. After joining the musical group Tangerine Dream in 1971, he toured with the band worldwide and recorded multiple Gold records until 1981. Mr. Baumann moved to New York in 1982 and founded the record company, Private Music. He served as CEO of Private Music until 1994 when the company was sold to RCA.
Peter has been happily married for 27 years and is father to three grown children. He resides in San Francisco, California and serves as director of several privately held real estate and natural resource companies. For many years, he has focused on the exploration of well-being and quality of life from a philosophical, conceptual and experiential perspective. Peter co-authored EGO: The Fall of the Twin Towers and the Rise of an Enlightened Humanity with Michael Taft. He serves on the board of CIIS and is a Fellow at the Mind & Life Institute.
- Richard J. Davidson, Ph.D. - University of Wisconsin, Madison
- Dr. Sona Dimidjian, Ph.D
- David Eagleman, Ph.D.
- Elissa S. Epel, Ph.D. - University of California, San Francisco
- Amishi P. Jha, Ph.D. - University of Pennsylvania
- Zoran Josipovic, Ph.D. - New York University
- Mark Leary, Ph.D. - Duke University
- Beau Lotto, Ph.D.
- Richard Miller, Ph.D.
- Kaisa Puhakka, Ph.D. - California Institute of Integral Studies
- Clifford Saron, Ph.D. - University of California, Davis
- Cassandra Vieten, Ph.D. - Institute of Noetic Sciences
- Philip David Zelazo, Ph. D.
- CIIS - California Institute for Integral Studies
- iRest - Integrative Restoration Institute
- Mind + Life Institute